Direct Credit CardChecks
20th Century Ghosts:
The Deluxe Special Edition
by Joe Hill
A New Special Edition from LetterPress Publications!
As many of our collectors wrote us after receiving their copies of Revival from Brian James Freeman's LetterPress Publications, Brian packs a ton of value into his special editions. The price-to-features ratio is crazy!
This special edition includes a brand-new introduction by Christopher Golden, new story notes by Joe Hill, and seventeen full-color illustrations by Vincent Sammy.
This could easily have the lowest print run for any Joe Hill collector’s edition in many years. This is also the first of several projects by Joe Hill that LetterPress Publications has in the works, and the print run for this book will set the print run for the others. Please place your order now to get in on the ground floor of what is sure to be an extremely collectible set of books, so you don’t miss out!
• Seventeen full-color illustrations by Vincent Sammy
• A brand new introduction by Christopher Golden
• Brand new story notes by Joe Hill
• Two-color interior printing
• Printed on an acid-free specialty paper stock
• Deluxe leatherette binding
• Hot foil stamping and "blind" heat burnishing on the front cover and spine
• Smyth sewn to create a more durable binding
• Genuine spine hubs like an old world volume
• Colored head and tail bands
• High-quality, four-color faux marbled endpapers
• Sewn-in satin ribbon page marker
• Full-color signature sheet signed by Joe Hill, Christopher Golden, and Vincent Sammy
• Custom-made slipcase wrapped with a woven cloth and stamped with hot foil
• Extremely collectible print run!
About the Book:
"An inventive collection... brave and astute." — New York Times Book Review (Editor's Choice)
From New York Times bestselling author Joe Hill comes this award-winning collection of short fiction that launched him into the bright lights of the literary world's big stage fifteen years ago.
Imogene is young, beautiful... and dead, waiting in the Rosebud Theater one afternoon in 1945...
Francis was human once, but now he's an eight-foot-tall locust, and everyone in Calliphora will tremble when they hear him sing...
John is locked in a basement stained with the blood of half a dozen murdered children, and an antique telephone, long since disconnected, rings at night with calls from the dead...
Arthur Roth is a lonely kid with big ideas and a gift for attracting abuse...
Nolan knows but can never tell what really happened in the summer of '77, when his idiot savant younger brother built a vast cardboard fort with secret doors leading into other worlds...
The past isn't dead. It isn't even past...
Table of Contents:
The Importance of Wearing Glasses by Christopher Golden
Original Introduction by Christopher Golden
Best New Horror
20th Century Ghost
You Will Hear the Locust Sing
Better Than Home
The Black Phone
In the Rundown
The Widow's Breakfast
Bobby Conroy Comes Back From the Dead
My Father's Mask
New Story Notes by Joe Hill
Who is signing?
Joe Hill, Christopher Golden, and Vincent Sammy are currently scheduled to sign the signature sheets.
2020 ( slated for November / December )LetterPress Publications. Sent well packed, in a box, for safe and secure delivery. No discounts are available for this item.